The MAVNI (Military Accessions Vital to the National Interest) is a popular program which is offered by the U.S military to the legal non-immigrants who stay in the United States for a minimum duration of 2 years with no more than 90 days of continuous break outside the country. The MAVNI program is aimed at recruiting the legal non-citizens of the U.S for various positions in the army.
Steps Involves in MAVNI Program:
The following briefly describes the various steps involved in the process of MAVNI program.
- The first step in the MAVNI program is that the individuals should verify if they satisfy the requirement stated by the program to be eligible to apply for the various positions through the program. The general requirements states that the individuals should belong to certain legal non-immigrant categories or any of the other accepted and approved type of individual. In addition, the individuals should satisfy the minimum and maximum age requirements and should meet the education qualification requirement of the program.
- Once the individual is found to satisfy the general requirements of the program, they can contact the local recruiter to get started with the process.
- In the third step, the applicant should pass various qualifying tests which test the knowledge of the applicant in various fields. The common test conducted in this stage includes ASVAB (Armed Services Vocational Aptitude Battery) and TAPAS (Tailored Adaptive Personality Assessment System).
- On successful completion of the tests, the applicant will go through the physical exam where various attributes and tests will be conducted to check the physical fitness of the applicants.
- The next step in the MAVNI program is the Oral Proficiency Interview (OPI), where the applicant will be tested for their proficiency in their native language. They are expected to pass the interview with a minimum rating of 2.
- When the participant qualifies in all the previous steps, he will then be eligible to sign the contract with U.S military for the job profile.